Coming up this year is a tactical RPG for the 3DS, Project X Zone, however in Japan it came out back in October of 2012. This game, which is being published by Namco Bandai Games, will feature characters from three major video game publishers… Capcom, Sega, and of course Namco Bandai. It also seems to have anime styled cut scenes. Project X Zone is a follow up to Namco x Capcom (2005), and it will be featuring over 200 characters. These characters include, but aren’t limited to..
- Ryu, Ken, and Chun-Li from Street Fighter (Capcom)
- X and Zero from Mega Man X (Capcom)
- Jin and Xiaoyu from Tekken (Namco Bandai)
- Kite and BlackRose from .hack (Namco Bandai)
- Akira and Pai-Chan from Virtua Fighter (Sega)
- Ulala from Space Channel 5 (Sega)
Project X Zone sounds pretty epic, but I have two questions.
- WHY IS THIS COMING OUT ONLY ON 3DS?
- WHY ISN’T THIS A FIGHTING GAME?
I mean seriously what the hell. When I heard about this I expected a fighter, now I can’t say I dislike RPG or the tactical sub genre either… But seriously. You had a chance to make a bad ass fighting game and didn’t. Then, you go and throw it on the 3DS, but I honestly look forward to this. Also, I noticed that this game hasn’t really gotten any press in the U.S., which is pretty bad for the sales point of games. Either way, I’m looking forward to Project X Zone. I’m excited to see characters like Arthur (Ghosts’n Goblins), Frank West (Dead Rising), and Hsien-Ko (Darkstalkers) in a new game, yay for crossovers.Project X Zone has a set release date in North America for June 25, 2013.
Here is the trailer for Project X Zone…